The idea of modification of diet with different fatty acids was carried out by Cruickshank in 1934. Dyerberg and Bang (1979) found positive effect of Omega-3 fatty acids for heart and cardiovascular diseases. Later on in 1980, designer egg rich in n-3 fatty acids with anti oxidants was designed by feeding flax seeds in layer diet and was called as Profession Sim’s Designer Egg. Farell (1988) developed enriched egg with folic acid and iron. Lession (2004) in Canada produced lutein –enriched egg. In India Narahari (2004) developed Herbal enriched designer egg (HEDE). Professor S.K. Taneja (2008) at Punjab University also developed Omega-3 Eggs. MSD (2008) enriched yolk with pigment.
Keeping in view the work carried out by different Scientists HOAVA Omega-3 Egg has been developed by changing the diet of hens for Dr. Kansal’s Herbal Odourless eggs.
H in HOAVA eggs stands for Herbal, O for Odorless & Organic; A for free from Antibiotic Residues; V for rich in Vitamins and A for free from Aflatoxin Residues. HOAVA eggs are also rich in Omega-3 fatty acids (400mg), DHA (100mg), CLA (400mg) Lutein (125mg) and Vitamin E (15.78mg), which are beneficial for human health. The Omega-3 Eggs are enriched with Omega-3, DHA, CLA, Lutein, Yolk Pigment and very much rich in different vitamins, keeping in view the health of human beings. This Omega-3 Egg is also world’s first egg in which all the parameters have been combined together for best health programme.
HOAVA Omega-3 Eggs are also free from pesticide residues as well as free from Salmonella, E coli and other bacteria. Being odorless, egg drink can be prepared from these Omega-3 Eggs. The layers are given vegetarian feed along with a mixture of 16 herbs. There are herbal residues in the Omega-3 Egg which are having some antibacterial properties. These Omega-3 Eggs can be kept at room temperature for more than 8 weeks without any bacterial growth.
The HOAVA Omega-3 Eggs are rich in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids. Omega-3 & Omega-6 fatty acids are essential because these are not synthesized by human body. Some of the benefits of Omega-3 fatty acids are as under :
When there is deficiency of Omega-3 fatty acids & DHA, the following symptoms are observed :
- Daily supplement of Omega-3 fatty acids boosts the development of the brain of the children by 3 years in only 3 months due to growth of additional grey matter, which improves intelligence, reinforced reading, concentration and short term memory and further increased reading ability. With an average of one year and a quarter and their handwriting became more accurate.
- Omege-3 fatty acids decrease the risk of heart problems, decrease triglyceride level, decrease the growth rate of atherosclerotic plaque and lower blood pressure.
- Omega-3 has been reported to be effective as an anti-inflammatory.
- Omega-3 fatty acids can ease rheumatoid arthritis (RA) symptoms. They can therefore help to reduce swelling and painful joint inflammation in the hands, wrists knees etc. and reduce pain in arthritis.
- Omega-3 is known to help improve overall immunity to fight fatigue, prevents blood clots and reduces inflammation.
- Omega-3 significantly reduces pregnancy complications and also helps in the development of eyes and brain.
- Omega-3 enhances complexion and glow, retards ageing process and prevents eczema, brittle hair and nails.
- CLA of the Omega-3 increases lean body mass and decreases body fat (adipose tissue).
- It delays the onset of hyperglycemia (Diabetes).
- CLA also helps effectively as an anti-carcinogen agent, and inhibits tumor development in skin and in mammary glands.
Benefits of LUTEIN :
- Excessive thirst, frequent urination, rough or dry ‘bumpy’ skin, dry dull or ‘lifeless hair, dandruff and soft or brittle nails
- Allergic conditions like, eczema, asthma, hay fever, etc
- Visual symptoms such as poor night vision, sensitivity to bright light or visual disturbances
- There are poor concentration difficulties in working memory, and distractibility
- Emotional sensitivity, such as depression, excessive mood swings or undue anxiety
- Sleeping problems especially difficulty in sleeping at night and waking up in the morning
Lutein is a carotenoid and its main role is in eye health, specifically in reducing the risk of Age related Macular Degeneration (AMD), which occurs when the fragile center of the retina (the macula) deteriorates from a lifetime of slow but steady damage. The macula is a small area of the retina responsible for central vision, and high visual acuity. Poor macular health can cause oxidative stress within the retina, leading to a loss of central vision. Secondly it plays a role for maintaining healthy skin. Thirdly it helps in improving cardiovascular health by reducing arterial wall thickening, a component of arthrosclerosis.
Benefits of Vitamin E for Health :
Enrichment With Vitamins :
- Antioxidant And Non-Antioxidant : Vitamin E is since long recognized as the body’s major lipid soluble antioxidant and thus is fundamental in maintaining the integrity and functionality of the cellular membranes of all cells of the human body. As an antioxidant, vitamin E acts within cell membranes, protecting unsaturated fatty acid from oxidation. In doing so, the vitamin gets oxidized and must be recycled back to its active form, typically by vitamin C. Therefore the two vitamins are closely interlinked and often investigated jointly.
Due to its role as an antioxidant, vitamin E has been suggested for all conditions associated with increased oxidative stress, such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, disorders involving chronic inflammation, preeclampsia cancer neurologic disorders, endurance exercise increased exposure to oxidants and others.
In addition to its antioxidant function, recent research has demonstrated specific role of vitamin E in signal transduction, gene expression, and regulation of other cellular functions.
- Immune Function : Immune functions decline with age, which may be related to increased vulnerability of elderly people to infections and other diseases. Numerous studies suggest a role for vitamin E in maintaining optimal immune status later in life.
- Heart Health : Vitamin E has long been credited with a role in preventing atherosclerosis and heart diseases due to its beneficial effects on various mechanisms involved in atherosclerosis development. Researchers at the University Of Taxas Anderson Cancer Center have reported that taking vitamin E regularly substantially reduces the incidence of lung cancer. Their studies further showed that people consuming the high amount of vitamin E had the greatest benefit. A comparison of the persons taking the most vitamin E with those taking the least resulted in 61% reduction in lung cancer risk.
Two landmark studies published in the New England Journal of Medicine revealed that those who took at least 100 IU of vitamin E daily reduced their risk of heart disease by 59 to 66%. Researchers at Cambridge University in England reported that patients diagnosed to be suffering from coronary arteriosclerosis could lower their risk of having a heart attack by 77% by supplementing with 400 IU to 800 IU per day of the natural (d-Alpha tocopherol) form of vitamin E.
Omega-3 Egg is not only enriched with vitamin-E, but is also very much enriched with other fats soluble vitamin-A (for eye sight and other exo (skin) and internal lining (endo thelial linings) of digestive, respiratory, urinary and reproductive system, vitamin D3 (for calcium phosphors metabolism, development of skeletal system, embryonic development, abnormalities of joints and bone growths) and water soluble vitamins like B12, Biotin, Folic acid, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine. These vitamins can be same in the table given below. Water soluble vitamins help for the blood formation, beri beri disease, migraine, liver functions, anti-carcinogenic, factors, carbohydrate and protein metabolism and reproductive problems (in ladies).
The biological value of egg vitamins is much higher, than the vitamins consumed in the form of capsules prescribed by medical practitioners.